The panel discussion as part of the finissage of the exhibition »Matter. Non-Matter. Anti-Matter« brought together experts from different fields and highlighted the importance of interdisciplinary approaches and synergies in contemporary culture and creativity. The event addressed the central role of museums in shaping our understanding of word-making and material, the responsibility of artists in the field of video games and opened the podium for questions from the audience.
00:00 Interdisciplinary approaches and synergies: How can we learn from each other?
11:03 Word making and the role of museums
27:00 Art and responsibility in video games
43:50 Audience questions
- Jeremy Bailey (New Media Artist / Podcaster)
- Prof. Dr. Torben Ferber (KIT – Karlsruher Institut für Technologie)
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Schwingeler (Professor for Media Science, HAWK Hildesheim)
- Dr. Lioudmila Voropai (HFG Karlsruhe, Bio Design Lab)
- Julia Ihls (HFG Karlsruhe, Bio Design Lab)
- Alistair Hudson (Scientific-Artistic Chairman, ZKM | Karlsruhe)
- Lívia Nolasco-Rózsás (Project Manager »Beyond Matter«, ZKM | Karlsruhe)
About the project: https://zkm.de/en/project/beyond-matter
The lecture is part of the practice-based research and development project »Beyond Matter« and takes place in the context of the exhibition »Matter. Non-Matter. Anti-Matter« The project is funded by the European Commission and the Federal Commissioner for Culture and the Media.